|Architect:||William J. Freethy|
|Cost to Build:||$18,000|
(On Permit Date):
|C.F. Robart, Winchester St.|
|First Residents:||Fannie H. & Chester F. Robart|
Architect William Freethy and builder William Greenwood were both active in Blake Park, but this was the only house they worked on together.
14 Welland Road was the home in initially of Fannie and Chester Robart. Chester Robart (born 1888) had a home decorating business in Brookline Village, offering painting, upholstering, and other services. In 1925, just before this house was built, he had been elected an officer of the Society of Master House Painters and Decorators. He died sometime before 1944, and his wife Fannie took over as president of the business.
The 1930 U.S. Census listed the residents as: Chester F. Robart, 41, decorator; Fannie H. Robart, 41; Winslow H. Robart, 16; and Catherine Sullivan, 20, servant, born Irish Free State. The Robarts were listed at this address from 1927 to 1935. The house was valued at $35,000, among the highest valuations in Blake Park at that time.
Alice and E. Joseph Evans moved here from next door for one year in 1936, and were followed by Charles Mailman (born 1878) and his sister Susan Wilson (born 1885) who, like the Evanses, had lived at 4 Welland before. Mailman was a retired wholesaler. He and his sister were listed at this address from 1937 to 1944.
Frank L. and Mabel S. McDonald (born c1898), previously at 169 Mason Terrace, were next,listed here from 1945 until the late 1960s. Frank McDonald (born c1897) , shown as a salesman and agent in the Street List, had been a cotton goods salesman in the 1930 Census.