Welland Road, which cuts roughly across the center of the old Blake Estate, was laid out by the P.H. Trust in 1916. About half of the north side of this street remained part of Frances Blake's property until after her death in 1939 when it too was developed. The Blake House address, which been 450 Washington Street until 1916, became 45 Welland Road at that time.
Name Origin: Welland is another common name in the Blake family. It was Arthur Blake's middle name, as well as that of his grandfather John Welland Blake.